Thursday, April 2, 2009

Drunk and Rock & Republics - Part 1

Does the name brand of what I'm wearing really make a difference? Until recently the brand name of my clothes haven't been all that important to me. When I step out of my door and am ready for a night on the town the only name I care about is who makes the liquor I'm drinking. Names like Patron, Jack, Ciroc are what excite me. So unless it's the brand name of what is in my cup, I'm not interested, or am I?.

During a night out while I was throwing my pimp daddy what up baby drunken slurred lines at a girl it hit me like a Patron shot. Does this girl care what I am wearing? If I had some designer labels on would it help keep or get her attention? I had to find out.

The rest of the night was a blur but the thought stuck. After getting through the rough morning I was ready to do a bit of research. I started with calling up some friends that insist on only wearing brand names. They wear them with pride and believe me they don't forget to tell you how much they paid for them. They gave me a laundry list of what to look for and what brands were considered better than others. Better made or better perceived? What did they mean by better?

Since then I have talked to a couple of other people to get an idea about what brand names are best and were to go buy them. I have to admit this seems daunting and expensive, I think I need a drink. I will keep you updated on what I find out. Until then keep the drinks flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment